On May 25, 2018, new regulations from the European Union, known as GDPR, will go into effect. We are using this opportunity to provide more details about how you can manage your personal data, no matter where you live in the world.
The GDPR is a European Union (EU) privacy law that will affect businesses around the world when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018. It regulates how any organization that is subject to the Regulation treats or uses the personal data of people located in the EU . Personal data is any piece of data that, used alone or with other data, could identify a person. If you collect, change, transmit, erase, or otherwise use or store the personal data of EU citizens, you’ll need to comply with the GDPR.
- Transparency: I do not share any data, and do not give out my mailing list to anyone, unless they co-lead a workshop with me that you have signed up for.
About Individual Rights
The GDPR also outlines the rights of individuals around their personal data. EU citizens will have the right to ask for details about the way you use their personal data and can ask you to do certain things with that data. You should be prepared to support people’s requests in a timely manner. People have the right to request their personal data be corrected, provided to them, prohibited for certain uses, or removed completely.
I am committed to protecting your privacy and promise to follow these rules:
- I will not send Spam! By “spam,” we mean the definition on the Spamhaus website.
- I will not use purchased, rented, or third-party lists of email addresses.
- I use the MailChimp service, which follows these agreements.
- I do not allow the promotion of inciting harm towards others or the promotion of discriminatory, hateful, or harassing content.
- You have the right to be forgotten: You may terminate your account with me through MailChimp account at any time, in which case
we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it. Click here to remove yourself from the mail account, or write to me at LoriRubenstein@gmail.com
- If you go to another site through this website or sign up for a class or workshop with another person or company through this website, please note that I am not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. I recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
- I collect information primarily for the purpose of sending email newsletters to tell you about upcoming classes, workshops, programs, retreats, interesting books, links, movies, etc. We may track the link you clicked or pages you viewed on this site, when you visited the site. Additionally, information is sent to WordPress to help them update their functionality.
- If you sign up for a course that is co-led with another person, your email will be sent to them to use in their marketing. You may at any time unsubscribe from their list as you can unsubscribe from mine.
- Your information is protected on the MailChimp web-service, which has strict compliance with GDPR, and use reasonable procedures to protect your personal information to protect you from loss, theft and misuse. All credit information is processed through a 3rd party, either paypal or woocommerce, using a secure server. Courts and other authorities in these jurisdictions may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personal information. By using the website, you consent to this transfer, processing, storage and access of your personal information in and/or outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
- I retain the right to make changes and update this privacy statement.
- You may contact me with any questions if you think these terms are being violated or abused: LoriRubenstein@gmail.com